The Fine Print
All the nitty-gritty details that are too boring for the other pages.
Things We Do
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the things we do as part of our subscription service:
- Plugin Updates
- WordPress Core Updates
- Backup Restore
- Image Compression
- Configure SEO Plugins
- Add/remove images
- Any site maintenance task that takes 60 minutes or less*
- Theme Updates
- Nightly Backups
- Firewall and Security Scanning
- Speed Optimization
- Modify Content
- Set permalinks
*More about this below.
Things We Don’t Do
There are some things we don’t do as part of our subscription service.
- Redisign your site
- Build new page templates
- Write your SEO metas
- Build a custom plugin
- Create your content
- Any tast that takes more than 60 minutes to complete*
*More about this below.
The 60 Minute Time Limit
In short, we offer unlimited task completion, and the only parameters around it are that these are meant to be minor tasks. Making content changes, adding a page with an existing template, or installing and configuring a plugin all fall within these parameters. In order to keep our promise of being “unlimited” to all our customers, it’s important that we keep to these parameters.
Now that’s not to say we can’t do more, because we absolutely can. Everything from plugin development to full site rebuilds and everything in between, we can handle. If any tasks you request falls outside of our parameters, we’ll simply notify you first, and provide a time and cost estimate for the task. Most tasks will be estimated as a FLAT RATE – no overages, no surprises, and you can choose to accept or reject the estimate. All task invoices must be pre-paid.
If you want to enter a more complex project, such as a full site redesign and rebuild, then you’ll be put in touch with one of our agency partners, where the project will be scoped out and estimated.
72 Hours Lead Time
Much like the task time limit, we put this parameter in place in order to maintain the best level of service to all of our customers. For our unlimited tasks, we require a 72-hour lead time. In most cases, tasks will be accepted and completed much quicker, often on the same day, but we cannot predict the waves of tasks, so all tasks have a 72 hour completion window.
If your task is time sensitive, let your WP Care representative know when you submit the ticket, and we can provide a more detailed time estimate based on the volume of tickets in the queue. To guarantee priority service on a ticket, a $49 one-time fee is assessed and must be paid before the ticket is completed.
More About Unlimited
The best part of the service we offer, and the one that makes us different from our competitors, is our offering of unlimited site maintenance tasks. As you’ve read above, there are still some parameters around unlimited. While we’re not a big fan of adding tons of conditions to a great deal, we also recognize that in order to provide this service in a sustainable manner at the highest level to our entire customer base, there have to be some parameters. The biggest question we get is “is it REALLY unlimited”? What if I take a large project and break it down into 100 different 60 minute tasks, will you still do them?
The answer is, probably. In the end, we know that the service we provide is valuable, and while we want you to use our service so that it provides great value to your business, we’re not looking for customers who want to try to ‘work the system’. So to that end, we want to make it clear as part of our terms that our team has the final say on what unlimited really means. If we find that a customer is abusing the system to the point of impacting our ability to serve other customers, as our last resort we reserve the right to terminate any subscription at any time, without warning and without refund.
So as long as we stay within the established parameters, keep on sending in the tasks and we’ll keep on doing them for you.
In short, there aren’t any. We start working on your site and putting time into getting it set up on our automated processes immediately upon processing your subscription. Since there are no contract terms, you may cancel at any time by submitting a ticket to the Brighthost Site Concierge Team. Cancellations will be processed immediately (of course we’ll ask if there’s any way we can keep you on board, and do our best to make this a valuable service for you, but in the end it’s your call), and your service will terminate at the end of your payment period – no partial or pro-rated refunds.
Simply stated, we do not guarantee against site intrusion or hacking. We put the best systems in place we know how in order to keep your site safe, but we cannot be held responsible for any damages or loss of business in the event that your site goes down. We of course will do everything we can to recover your site and get it back up and running as soon as possible.
The Rest of the Actual Tiny Print
Here are the actual legal terms for the liabilities, and a few
other odds and ends, that we are required to include:
- To the extent allowed by law, the Parties hereby exclude all implied warranties with respect to the performance of the Agreement.
- The Parties agree not to disseminate, reveal or use any confidential information that is proprietary to the other Party beyond the extent necessary to perform the Agreement, irrespective of the form and source of such information. Access to information should be granted in a controlled manner and on a need-to-know basis only, as necessitated by the performance of the Agreement.
- The Parties agree to keep strictly confidential all confidential information received from the other Party in connection with the performance of the Agreement, pertaining to the other Party, its clients, employees, collaborators and representatives or agents as well as their business, both during the term of the Agreement and after its termination. The following information shall not be deemed confidential: any information and data released to the public or publicized in any other way, or commonly known, or received in good faith from third parties.
- Contractor shall have the right to publicize the fact of its business relationship with Client and general information about the nature of the service provided hereunder.
- The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States, in the state of Colorado.
- Client and Contractor shall make their best efforts to reach an amicable resolution, by direct negotiation, of any and all controversies and disputes as may arise between them in the course of the performance of the Agreement. Should the Parties fail to resolve a dispute in the manner prescribed above, the State of Colorado or the court of higher instance with jurisdiction over the same area shall have jurisdiction to deal with such dispute.
- Generally prevailing laws, including but not limited to the Civil Code and the Copyright Act, shall apply accordingly to all matters which are not regulated herein.
- Any amendments to the Agreement and notices to be given hereunder must be executed in writing or otherwise they shall be null and void, unless the Parties have expressly allowed for other forms of communication for specific issues.
- Brighthost shall at all times have the right to modify or augment these ToS. Such modifications shall go into effect when the modified ToS are posted on WPCF website. The records of all modifications shall be kept in a manner ensuring the retention of information about the previous wording, the current wording, and the date of modification. Unless otherwise stipulated in the ToS, the wording of the ToS as of the date of the execution of the Agreement shall apply to the Agreement.